The SimpleLink MSP‐EXP432P401R LaunchPad development kit is an easy-to-use evaluation module for the SimpleLink MSP432P401R microcontroller. It contains everything needed to start developing on the SimpleLink MSP432 low-power + performance ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M4F microcontroller (MCU).
- Low-power ARM Cortex-M4F MSP432P401R
- 40-pin LaunchPad development kit standard that leverages the BoosterPack plug-in module ecosystem
- XDS110-ET, an open-source onboard debug probe featuring EnergyTrace+ technology and application UART
- Two buttons and two LEDs for user interaction
- Backchannel UART through USB to PC
Details on the MSP-EXP432P401R LaunchXL development board can be found in the MSP-EXP432P401R LaunchXL User’s Guide.
- The on-board 32-kHz crystal allows for lower LPM3 sleep currents and a higher-precision clock source than the default internal 32-kHz REFOCLK. Therefore, the presence of the crystal allows the full range of low- power modes to be used.
- The on-board 48-MHz crystal allows the device to run at its maximum operating speed for MCLK and HSMCLK.
The MSP-EXP432P401R LaunchXL development board configuration supports the following hardware features:
|NVIC||on-chip||nested vectored interrupt controller|
More details about the supported peripherals are available in MSP432P4XX TRM Other hardware features are not currently supported by the Zephyr kernel.
Building and Flashing¶
Follow the Getting Started Guide instructions for Zephyr application development.
For example, to build the Hello World application for the MSP-EXP432P401R LaunchXL:
# On Linux/macOS cd $ZEPHYR_BASE/samples/hello_world mkdir build && cd build # On Windows cd %ZEPHYR_BASE%\samples\hello_world mkdir build & cd build # Use cmake to configure a Ninja-based build system: cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=msp_exp432p401r_launchxl .. # Now run ninja on the generated build system: ninja
zephyr.elf binary in the build directory can be flashed onto
MSP-EXP432P401R LaunchXL using the command line utility mentioned below.
UniFlash command line utility is used to program the flash memory. Only elf loading is currently supported.
The following command will flash the
zephyr.elf binary to the MSP-EXP432P401R LaunchXL board:
$ ./dslite.sh --config=MSP432P401R.ccxml zephyr.elf
The ccxml configuration file is included in boards/arm/msp_exp432p401r_launchxl/support.