The sample initializes the Profiler, registers two event types, and profiles their occurrences periodically.
- Event without data (
no data event):
- This event is used to signal the occurrence of an event only. It does not contain additional data.
- Event with data (
- There are several numerical values associated with this event. The values are updated periodically.
- One of the following development boards:
- nRF9160 DK board (PCA10090)
- nRF52840 Development Kit board (PCA10056)
- nRF52 Development Kit board (PCA10040)
- nRF51 Development Kit board (PCA10028)
Building and running¶
This sample can be found under
samples/profiler in the nRF Connect SDK folder structure.
See Building and programming a sample application for information about how to build and program the application.
After programming the sample to your board, you can test it by running the script
real_time_plot.py (located under
As arguments, pass the csv and json file names that should be used to store the data (for example, run
real_time_plot.py data.csv data.json).
The script opens a GUI window that displays events as points on timelines. See the Profiler documentation for more information.
Connect to the board with a terminal emulator (for example, PuTTY) to see messages displayed by the sample. See How to connect with PuTTY for the required settings.